Your skin in your late 20’s can be tricky. You’re either dealing with the onset on hormonal acne or fine lines, unless you have incredible genes and hormones and your skin is perfectly low maintenance no matter your age. The latter is less likely, for most of us.
What lifestyle habits cause premature aging
- Jaw Clenching: This can lead to premature aging in the neck because it indirectly activates the platysma muscle, which pulls down on the face.
- Kissy face during selfies: This can over activate the chin muscle which will lead to a dimply, or “orange peel” skin on the chin.
- Squinting: This can cause premature aging to the edges of the eye skin which causes the eyelids to sag, wear sunglasses and get your eyes checked regularly!
- Recruiting from the neck while working out: This can age the jowls and overall sagging of the face, it will also make neckline lines deeper, use your core!
- Frowning: This can age the corners of the mouth and will cause them to pull down prematurely. Start smiling more, and exercise all the UP muscles of the face!
3 Best Ingredients to prevent premature aging
- Retinol: It’s a less strong version of prescription tretinoin (prescription vitamin A derivative). This ingredient reduces fine lines, evens skin tone, improves texture and tightens pores.
- Growth Factors: These promote the the formation of collagen and elastin fibers, which give the skin its softness and suppleness.
- Vitamin C: Also known as absorbic acid, it has antioxidant properties which play a large role in collagen synthesis. The antioxidant activity of Vitamin C also protects against UV-induced damage caused by free radicals.