|There are 322 calories in 1 Avocado.|
|Calorie breakdown: 77% fat, 19% carbs, 4% protein.|
1. Avocados contain the 18 amino acids required to form a complete protein that is used more efficiently by the body than are proteins found in meat.
2. Avocados contain more natural fiber than any other fruit and this high fiber content aids in digestion and total body absorption of nutrients.
3. Healthy fats found in avocados raise “good” cholesterol (HDL) while lowering “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides by 20%.
4. Avocados contain 35% more potassium than a banana does. Potassium is important because it regulates blood pressure.
5. Avocados provide the lutein necessary to protect you from age-related eye degeneration.
6. The anti-inflammatory properties of avocados prevent and/or treat rheumatoid arthritis.
7. Sufficient amounts of oleic acid improve your cardiovascular system and protect against prostate and breast cancer.
8. Vitamin B6 and folic acid control homocysteine levels – high quantities of homocysteine are linked to an increased risk of death from heart disease.
9. Glutathione boosts your body’s immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
Here are some benefits of Avocado:
Great for skin and hair: Avocado oil has the maximum quality of Omega 9 and can be applied on your skin, hair and consumed too. It penetrates the skin more deeply than other oils and its high levels of Vitamin E and micro-nutrients add elasticity, fight bacteria, making it one of the world’s finest skin and hair care product.
UV protection: Avocado oil is said to have a low level of UV protection (around an SPF 6-8). Combined with the high vitamin and sterolin content, it can help in preventing sun damage.
Maintains cholesterol: Not only does it keep you fit and beautiful, it is the only oil that maintains your cholesterol.
Skin healer: It has the maximum content of Vitamin E, which means it can cure initial stages of skin diseases.
Loaded with nutrients: A spoonful of avocado oil on a regular basis can replenish your body with eleven different types of vitamins and fourteen vital minerals including potassium, iron, phosphorous. “It is a thick oil and can even be mixed in your food. It does not alter the taste of the food,” shares diet consultant, Mansi Batra.
Fry and refry: You have often heard how unhealthy it is to use any oil after it has reached its maximum heat up point. Well, with Avocado oil, you can fry puris for kids and then use the same oil for your paratha too.
Time to have some fun with Avocado oil!